Wednesday 20 May 2009

What's going on?


Two things:

1) I cannot believe there is now a singer called Jade, just weeks after the other famous Jade, not a singer, died. I am now going to take up acting and call myself Christopher Reeve - Superman II! What other dead people's names could we recycle??


And:



2) A TV show about the death of Marvin Gaye last night reminded me of a weird conversation I had with my mum when I was about 10 years old. On the way to a swimming lesson, the song, Sexual Healing, was on the radio. Clearly feeling uncomfortable about the song's content, and in order to distract me from the lyrics, my mum told me her theory of how Marvin died after being shot by his dad in a row about who loved Diana Ross the most. I later found out at school he was actually shot by his dad in a row over misplaced documents. Just to be sure, I have never lost any documents since, nor asked my dad if he fancies the Queen of Motown.

No comments:

Post a Comment